cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo Simulate 2.0 and assigned mass properties

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Creo Simulate 2.0 and assigned mass properties

In Creo Parametric 2.0 the assembly was created. It contains one special component with assigned weight (this information overrides computed weight).

• Creo Parametric 2.0 reports correct weight of assembly
  • Creo Simulate 2.0 reports incorrect weight of assembly - it uses computed weight for special component instead of assigned one

Is Creo Simulate 2.0 able to use assigned weight of component ?

Thanks in advance for sending information .

Martin Hanak

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

Martin Hanák
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

I am not 100% positive but I don't believe so. You could add a mass simulation feature in place of your special component and correct the mass that way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

I am not 100% positive but I don't believe so. You could add a mass simulation feature in place of your special component and correct the mass that way.

Christopher.

you are right. According to PTC Support engineeer "Creo Simulate calculates the mass based on the geometry and material properties only."

Case 12518029 https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case.jsp?n=12518029

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

I would alter the density of the item to make the mass come out correctly, though this does not work right if the item doesn't have a uniform mass, such as a part standing in for an assembly of disparate density parts.

Top Tags