cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo Simulation (mechanica issues) 1.0 or 2.0

danderson
11-Garnet

Creo Simulation (mechanica issues) 1.0 or 2.0

Good Day all,

Can anyone tell me if the following has been fixed in Creo Simulation 1 or 2?

1. Can you redefind simulation feature references that have failed do to geometry or features being supressed (datum curves, points, planes, surface regions)?

As of wildfire 4 the only option is to delete them.

2. Do I understand correctly that now if you want to make changes to the base part features (add/remove features, turn on a rep, ) you have to save, get out of simulation. Erase everything from session and open the part or assembly. make your changes in standard mode, save, erase everything from session. Then go back into Simulation app and open the file with the changes and then start your second simulation with the changes you made? Makes sense?

3. What other long time issues have been fixed in Creo?

Thanks for any ensight you can provide,

Don Anderson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Hello Don,

I'm using WF4, and I'm not sure that's the case.

1. I'm certain that you can redefine a load or constraint that has become suppressed due to losing its references. Just right-click the feature in the tree.

2. There's no need to close or erase from session. You need to switch back to 'standard' from Mechanica, but then you can immediately change dimensions, create, suppress, change or delete features, regenerate and switch into Mechanica again. If you're in a simplified rep you need to go back to the master rep to make changes either to the part or to the Mechanica model, but that's the only limitation I know of.

I can't comment on 3 as I haven't yet tried Creo.

Try the following in a simple model.
1) While you are in Mechanica, Create a Datum Point, Curve, or Surface region on a feature that you can suppress within the standard part mode. 2) Go back into part mode and suppress the base feature that the point, curve, or surface region is attached to. 3) go back into Mechanica and try to redefine the point, curve, surface region that you created in Mechanica. You should see you're only option is to delete within Mechanica for these items.

If you try to delete the base part feature in part mode, it will delete the Mechanica features except for I believe Loads and Constraints.

It's my understanding that now Creo Parameteric and Simulation are 2 seperate Applications which would cause everyone to have to continually reload files inorder to make changes to the model geometry. Having Mechanica being imbedded into Pro/E was its biggest advantage against packages like Ansys & Abaqus. Having to switch applications will double to quadruple the time it take me to run analysis iterations. I hope I'm wrong.

Don Anderson
since Release 11

OK, I agree that it doesn't work with a surface region or a datum point.

It does work for AutoGEM Controls, and loads and constraints. It also sort of works for measures, except that after redefining it creates a new copy of the measure, leaving the original suppressed.

More consistency, please, PTC!

To your point 2: if you're right, and it does behave that way in Creo, then that's a huge step backwards. I sincerely hope that you're wrong...

Creo Simulate can be run as a module of Creo Parametric, just the way Mechanica was run as an application of Pro/E in Wildfire releases and before. In addition, Creo Simulate can be run as a standalone application for simulation modeling on Creo Direct models, or just an IGES geometry file.

"3. What other long time issues have been fixed in Creo?"

The most important improvement is that you now can combine several non-linear phenomenae. What I have missed, is the ability to combine large deformation and contact. This is crucial in statically indeterminate models with contacts. This is resolved as from Creo 1. This clip shows a combination of large deformation, plasticity and contact.

Video Link : 3070

Hello, Mats,

Would it be possible to have the file to see how this simulation is made and enjoy.

Cordially.

Denis

Denis,

I don't see any way to attach a file. Send me a message with your email adress, and I will send you the file.

B.R. Mats Lindqvist

Hello, Mats,

If you have a moment, I joined my contact you in private message.

I have just one problem with circular staples.

More must put 90 at once.

I think the example would be very useful to me.

Cordially.

Denis

Top Tags