cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Spec-Driven Piping

vieilhomme
3-Visitor

Creo Spec-Driven Piping

We want to set up Creo 4.0 to be able to use the piping extension with ANSI pipes and fittings. The piping_bolt_nut_select file requires an MCCS code to obtain the bolt nut material description from the bolt_nut_mcat file. 

Where is the bolt_nut_mcat file located and what is its format? 

Where do we obtain MCCS codes (ASTM 16.5?)

Thanks,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2

Are you doing the setup yourself without the aid of a consultant? Does anyone in your team have experience with Spec-Driven Piping?

There's a lot of complicated interconnected pieces involved with Spec-Driven Piping. I would recommend you get the assistance of someone. CadActive can manage all your Spec-Driven Piping database files for you. I recommend reaching out to them.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.  We have a support contract with PTC and have put a ticket in for some direction on some of the issues we are having.  Otherwise, yes we are trying to do this on our own without a consultant.  Here is the situation.  I am a project engineer in a manufacturing plant with lots of pipes all over the place and zero documentation of said pipes.  The guys that hold the keys to our Creo licenses (corporate) don't feel the need nor do they want to take the trouble to learn and use creo piping (or schematics).  But this lack of documentation is hurting us every day because we rely on our plant and tooling infrastructure to meet the needs of our customers. 

I am sure you can fill in the rest of the story....

Most likely if we do go forward we will have to involve an outside consultant at some point.  I have looked at CadActive so I appreciate your plug for them.   But that is outside of my purview. 

Thanks again,

Eric

Top Tags