cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo View express 5.0

Danno11
4-Participant

Creo View express 5.0

I have creo view express 5.0 loaded with Creo 5.0 and creo view 5.0 will not load any creo 5.0 .prt, .asm or .drw files is the a problem with creo view express 5.0.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Danno11)

Creo View does not load part or assembly files. It loads published representations.

In Windchill these are stored as related content.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

@BenLoosli, actually that's not correct.  Windchill is not required.  Creo View Express ships with Creo Parametric and is capable of opening Creo Parametric files directly.  

Native Viewing:

• Only CAD Part, Assembly and Drawing file formats for the following applications can be opened natively in Creo View:
    • AutoCAD : Extensions DWG, DXF, DWF, DWFx
    • Creo Parametric and Pro/ENGINEER : Extensions PRT, ASM, DRW, FRM, LAY, DGM, REP, SEC, PIC, XPR, MFG, GPH, CEM

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS66813

Danno11
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

I can load a Creo 4.0 part file with creo view express 5.0 but not a creo 5.0 part. is there a version issue that PTC does not know about the creo 5.0 version i have loaded is 5.0.1.0 the thing that i noticed is that the build for creo view express shows as Creo 4.0

creoview express 5.0 info.jpg

Any help.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Sounds like you need Creo View 5.0.

Hi,

Creo View Express 5.0 installation package is available on Creo 5.0.1.0 installation media:

CR5_010_64bit_media\install\addon\pvx32_64\CreoSetup.exe

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV

That is not the version of Creo View Express that ships (is bundled) with Creo Parametric 5.0.0.0.  I just did a clean install of Creo Parametric with Creo View Express and Creo View Express 5.0 F000 Build 13 was installed.

Creo View Express 5.0 F000 Build 13.png

I also created a simple part in Creo Parametric 5.0 and then successfully opened this part in Creo View Express 5.0.  It would seem that when Creo Parametric 5.0 was installed on your computer the newer version of Creo View Express (5.0) was not installed.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags