cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo changes my locked dimensions to reference for no reason.

jflatt
6-Contributor

Creo changes my locked dimensions to reference for no reason.

I have an extrusion created from a sketch. If I make any modifications to the sketch, all of my strong, locked dimensions somehow get changed to reference and all new weak dimensions are populated everywhere and all my previous geometry is lost and I have to start dimensioning everything all over again. I'm about ready to throw my computer across the room.

3 REPLIES 3

@jflatt wrote:

I have an extrusion created from a sketch. If I make any modifications to the sketch, all of my strong, locked dimensions somehow get changed to reference and all new weak dimensions are populated everywhere and all my previous geometry is lost and I have to start dimensioning everything all over again. I'm about ready to throw my computer across the room.

Hi,

please upload a video of creating your model and upload it.

Martin Hanák
jflatt
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Unfortunately that's not possible anymore. I used my tried and true method for fixing Creo issues. Delete everything and start all over. 

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:jflatt)

This is the kind of thing that happens if I have a sketch that has become "unstable". I'm using Creo 4.0, and when it's going to pull these kinds of shenanigans it always tells me the sketch is unstable then asks me if I want it to "fix" the sketch. It then proceeds to trash all the dimensions and often invert a good deal of the circle (flip to showing the part I don't want).

What this fiasco has taught me is to keep my sketches really simple and use several sketches instead of one complex sketch, etc.

It sounds kind of like whatever version of Creo you are using might be doing this "automatically"? Just a guess, I've not had sections go crazy on me like this without me giving tacit permission. Unfortunately, whether I allow the sketch to be messed up or not, I'm still looking at having to redefine the geometry.

Top Tags