cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo crash upon sketch on drw table

CarloScolari
3-Visitor

Creo crash upon sketch on drw table

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

Creo crash , drw table \ sketch\ rectangle or any other geometry creation make program crash.

Here are the errors that I faced
Creo crash , drw table \ sketch\ rectangle or any other geometry creation make program crash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

found paramenter in config.pro that generates fatal error: draw_models_read_only yes

without above parameter sketch tools (all buttons) works fine.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Hi,

Please show a screenshot of the error that occurs.

remy
21-Topaz I
(To:CarloScolari)

Hi did you make sure the hardware and in particular the graphics card is on par with the platform recommendation?

yes.

Hi,

perform a classic test ... add following option at the end of config.pro file temporarily and test Creo behavior.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák

slower and crashed anyway.

using gdi does non use opengl (before graphics opengl)

@CarloScolari wrote:

slower and crashed anyway.

using gdi does non use opengl (before graphics opengl)

Hi,

I guess that Creo installation is corrupted.

Martin Hanák

on all workstation installed?

without config.pro is working, now eliminating discontinued sets and sketching one by one.

@CarloScolari wrote:

on all workstation installed?

without config.pro is working, now eliminating discontinued sets and sketching one by one.

Hi,

if the problem is not reproducible without config.pro then you can use "file halving method" to located problematic config.pro option.

Use this procedure:

• get 1st half of config.pro and test Creo behavior
  • if you can reproduce the problem then problematic option is in 1st half
  • if you cannot reproduce the problem then problematic option is in 2nd half
  • split problematic part of config.pro into two pieces and repeat the test
  • continue until you find problematic option

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Is this on a new drawing, everytime, or is this an old drawing you are trying to add to?

old or new , same result.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If it's repeatable, you need to put in a Tech support case. They will be able to diagnose using the traceback log file.

found paramenter in config.pro that generates fatal error: draw_models_read_only yes

remy
21-Topaz I

Well done finding the option that crash. At least you have stable situation now.

I'm positive though that Creo is not meant to crash although with the option on. That's general software development statement: the software has to remain stable and like drop a message or a warning. 

It is definitely worth creating a case for deeper analysis. Maybe something additional comes in play.  And It's a rather recent release. 

sacquarone
20-Turquoise
(To:remy)

Hello @CarloScolari 

Thanks a lot to have raised case 16331122 yesterday to us related to this. I took the ownership of it and I'm able to reproduce your concern. I therefore reported this issue (generic regression of version 8.0 versus 7.0 when draw_models_read_only is yes) to our R&D via SPR 13735995 created with severity HIGH, and now documented in related article 366721 (visible by all our customers).

I initiated a mail thread in parallel with you for the follow-up of above SPR till resolution process, hopefully soon.

Regards,

Serge

Hello @CarloScolari 

I'm glad to let you know that this issue was solved by PTC R&D, and verified as effective by our QA Department, starting from Creo Parametric 8.0.5.0.

=> article 366721 updated accordingly.

Regards,

Serge

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:sacquarone)

Creo Parametric 8.0.5.0 Jun 2022
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:remy)

Creo 8.0.5.0

I'm getting consistent crashing when even hovering over any part of the "Table" tab.  TOTALLY unacceptable.  Our standard config.pro does not have the "draw_models_read_only yes" option, though my personal config.pro does.  Doesn't matter, it crashes on my PC regardless of if I load my config.pro or not, and I can repeat that crashing on several other PC's here regardless of whatever config.pro is loaded.

Top Tags