cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo "Isocline" curve

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Creo "Isocline" curve

I found this video from SolidEdge, and I found it very usefull

https://youtu.be/pPCrpZyi1RE?t=272

This video from NX with samething

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEeNlSsp5e8

Basically, on a surface or a quilt, it's possible to create a curve with an angle from a reference, like a shadow.

How to create it in CREO?

Utilizzare Isocline Curve per creare curve con un angolo costante rispetto a una superficie rispetto a una direzione di riferimento. Utilizzare Isocline Curve per creare curve con un angolo costante rispetto a una superficie rispetto a una direzione di riferimento. L'esempio seguente ha due curve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:T_F)

Actually, I have a better idea.  You have a tangent edge all the way around where the radius meets the top.  You also have the outside profile of the part.  Using those two curves you can sweep exactly half way between them.  This will give you a splitting surface at the 45 degree angle you want (or any angle you choose.)

TomU_1-1626195513343.png

TomU_2-1626195741984.png

TomU_3-1626195756529.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Seems like you could just do a revolved surface at some angle and then create an intersect between the two quilts.

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

In a sphere yes. but in a complex quilt....

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What is the angle measured from?  If it's a fixed distance up from some reference (top plane), then it's not a fixed angle.  If it's a fixed angle from some point, then a revolve should be correct.  If just a fixed distance up, then a plane should work.  What am I missing?

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Let me put, my real need.

I've the following part:

T_F_0-1626192758338.png

I want to make the lateral bends in a step for my die, at 45º, I was thinking in a sweep, but it's not so easy. with that option, I would have a line with the 45º and then it a simple sweep. but without that line is not so simple!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The changing radius does make it more challenging.  I wonder if you could create a bunch of points at the halfway through the radius and then construct a curve through those points and the surface to use as a split line.

TomU_0-1626194505615.png

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

yup, that's a possible solution.

I'm working, for now in a different way.

T_F_0-1626194709295.png

I defined a plane with 45º, and then silhouette option.

T_F_1-1626194751272.png

it's not exactly the same thing, but it's what I have found for now!

I must say, that the approach from solidEdge and NX, looks much more user friendly for this cases! I will make an product idea.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Actually, I have a better idea.  You have a tangent edge all the way around where the radius meets the top.  You also have the outside profile of the part.  Using those two curves you can sweep exactly half way between them.  This will give you a splitting surface at the 45 degree angle you want (or any angle you choose.)

TomU_1-1626195513343.png

TomU_2-1626195741984.png

TomU_3-1626195756529.png

T_F
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

Don't know why, but I've missed your reply. and only now saw it. And I must say, very clever way!!!! I'm always learning! Thank you.

I must say, besides your excellent solution, I must say, that the way NX and SolidEdge works, it's my favorite!

Top Tags