cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo schematics XML version into cabling drawing

LK_10080738
7-Bedrock

Creo schematics XML version into cabling drawing

Hello everybody,

I am creating a design of wiring harness in schematics and I would like to do a flat harness drawing in creo cabling afterwards. Is there a way how to display in flat drawing version of XML file which was used for creation of 3D harness?

Eg. if I export file from schematics named XMLdesign012023.xml and then import it into creo cabeling. Can I automatically in creo flat harness drawing display something which says Design based on: XMLdesign012023.xml

I can write it manually, but we are more people working on the harnesses so there is a change that someone will forget and than we are not able to know what was the source and if the design from schematics is reflected in drawing or not

I normally use repeat region feature to view cabling parameters at drawing, could it be done in similar way? Or maybe via parameters?

Thanks everyone for answers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:LK_10080738)

Hi,

There is a creo relation function named "cbl_logical_file".

With that relation you can add a parameter to your assembly e.g.

Lars_F_0-1692176879075.png

In a drawing you can then create a table where you display this parameter e.g.

Add a report parameter "&mdl.param.value"

Lars_F_1-1692177146328.png

Add a filter for the repeat region... "&mdl.param.name == LOGICAL_FILE_NAME"

Then you can have a table that looks like... (My xml file was named "hertta_Alaovi_creo.xml")

Lars_F_2-1692177162108.png

You can propagate this parameter to your subcomponents (harness parts or other) with these instructions (not normally needed)...

Lars_F_3-1692177390647.png

Br,

Lars

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi LK_10080738,

Thank you for your question.

I encourage you to bring more details and context to your initial inquiery. For example, screenshots are useful to better understand what you are trying to do and will also increase your chance to receive meaningful help from other Community members.

Regards,
Andra
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:LK_10080738)

Hi,

There is a creo relation function named "cbl_logical_file".

With that relation you can add a parameter to your assembly e.g.

Lars_F_0-1692176879075.png

In a drawing you can then create a table where you display this parameter e.g.

Add a report parameter "&mdl.param.value"

Lars_F_1-1692177146328.png

Add a filter for the repeat region... "&mdl.param.name == LOGICAL_FILE_NAME"

Then you can have a table that looks like... (My xml file was named "hertta_Alaovi_creo.xml")

Lars_F_2-1692177162108.png

You can propagate this parameter to your subcomponents (harness parts or other) with these instructions (not normally needed)...

Lars_F_3-1692177390647.png

Br,

Lars

Top Tags