cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo very slowly, expecting much much more.

djaeger
1-Newbie

Creo very slowly, expecting much much more.

Once I open a part and swipe your mouse over a plane creo about 5sec needed to highlight this level and to demarcate again. Therefore, can not be used. Large Assembly can be opened easily and move. Problem only occurs under Win7 (Professional and Home Ed.), In WinXP it runs with the same system very well. My system with 6GB Ram and Quad 2,8GH should suffice. Creo 2.0 Student runs under administrator privileges, I have already uninstalled my Antivir and my firewall is disabled, no improvement.
Help, please!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David,

I guess this problem is related to graphic card drivers.

1.] test

Add the following options at the end of config.pro file temporarily.

graphics win32_gdi

2.] driver update

If step 1. resolved your problem then remove the option and update graphic drivers.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

David,

I guess this problem is related to graphic card drivers.

1.] test

Add the following options at the end of config.pro file temporarily.

graphics win32_gdi

2.] driver update

If step 1. resolved your problem then remove the option and update graphic drivers.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

grphicswin32gdi.PNGHi,

is this right?

thanks, but has unfortunately brought nothing.

David,

just FYI ... some files in Creo installation (for example config.pro) are saved in UNIX text format (every line is finished with LF character). If you open such file in Notepad, then you will see file contents displayed on single line. To transfer the file into Windows text format, open the file in Wordpad and save it. This operation will add CR+LF characters at the end of every line and next time you can edit file contents using Notepad.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

But you are still right. There is a new graphic driver, which works very well!

Thank you very much 🙂

David,

This appears to be a graphics related issue.

I would also suggest taking a look at your machine configuration, on the Platform Support page, and verifying that you are using a certified or supported graphics card and the correct driver version.

On the Platform Support page, click on the By Product drop down and select your product, e.g. PTC Creo 2.0.

Thanks,

Amit

caswq
1-Newbie
(To:djaeger)

I use

Core I7

Graphic Xenon

Ram 64 GB

IBM case

it is very slow to rendering

Why ?

With the IBM workstations, only the NVIDIA graphics cards are supported.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags