cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Curve length on the drawing

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst

Curve length on the drawing

Hi,

I am using Creo 3 and I am looking for a solution how to add the total curve length to the drawing.

When you measure this curve you are getting the total length.

thank you.

curve.png

Creo 3 user
5 REPLIES 5
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:ArekTRI)

If you searched for something like "Creo using measurement in relation" or some such you would find lots of info about how to setup a feature that stores your analysis results so you can use them later in relations. Something like this:

Measured Dimension to Relation

If you can save analysis results to a feature and access them, you should be able to use the same techniques to pull them into a drawing as a note.

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst
(To:KenFarley)

HI @KenFarley 

Thanks for the reply.

How to add this parameter to the note?

Sorry for the silly question but I am using Creo for 4 months only and find it very difficult.

Regards,

Arek

Creo 3 user
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

Also, you can create a datum curve using points and add fillet. Later, measure Curve length and and save that measure result as feature. Create a parameter to get the value of parameter as value of length using relation  <Param>=LENGTH:FID_<Measure_Feature_Name>. This Param cal call in drawing to display the value. 

Share the file, if you can for further points. 

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma ,

thanks for the reply.

Any tutorial on how to do it?

Step by Step, please.

That would help me and the others.

Regards,

Arek

Creo 3 user
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@ArekTRI 

Can you share the part file? I will try creating the steps referring that file.. 

Top Tags