cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Curved Sheet Metal with Flush Flange

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Curved Sheet Metal with Flush Flange

I am trying to creat a curved sheetmetal part with a flush flange across the top and bottom. Do I make the part with the top and bottom flush flange and put the large sweeping curve in the part instead of making the part with the sheet metal flush flange and then trying to form the large sweep in it?

I would appreciate any help that you may have for this. I have included a .jpg & .dwg of the drawing showing the flush flange in Detail B. I am sure that the part had been orginally be designed in sheetmetal, but the file was lost and I am fairly new to this company.

Thanks,

Dale

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Here you go Dale,

i had some problems with flat pattern so i used few unbend and bend back features.Since in Creo flat state is in family table, you can just make it yourself with unbend features turned on.

Video Link : 2728

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Also, how do I unbend the part if i have the sweeping curve in the part?

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Here you go Dale,

i had some problems with flat pattern so i used few unbend and bend back features.Since in Creo flat state is in family table, you can just make it yourself with unbend features turned on.

Video Link : 2728

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DavorGranic)

Davor,

Thank you for your time in putting that together is was very helpfull. I had to tweak it a little bit because the top/bottom flanges goes to the external edge of the side flange.

Thanks,

Dale

Top Tags