cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Custom IFX Library in Creo 4.0

kboyle
7-Bedrock

Custom IFX Library in Creo 4.0

We have the full version of IFX, I had defined custom inch and mm libraries in Creo 3.0. The paths were mapped to a network drive and everything worked fine. Now with an upgrade to 4.0, I am having issues updating the mapping on other users PC's even though I had the correct paths in the sl_options file. I got it to work on mine but those steps are not translating to others. Could you provide the core files and directories I need to look at .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kboyle,

your IFX option PATH_ABS_LIBRARY point to the wrong position.

You need to point to the parts directory.

Please try this and give me a short feedback.

If this does not work, please send me your complete parts folder. Please ZIP it. 

Thanks.
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
kboyle
7-Bedrock
(To:kboyle)

I think I figured it out. The sl_options file is no longer used. Now it's ifx_options. Why was so much changed, I do not see the benefit?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

For simplicity.

What does sl mean when looking for an ifx option?

Now you look for the ifx_options file to edit ifx options.

The old name of the Intelligent Fastener was SMARTLibrary -> sl

We renamed all files and add some prefix to it to make it clear for the new customers. That's all.

Sorry that you have more work with it. In the online help you find a chapter with all new configuration files:
http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/assembly%2Fintelligent_fastener%2Fifx_screw_data.html%23

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

I just did an office upgrade to Creo 4 M090 from Creo 4 M040. As I mentioned earlier, we have a full custom fastener library located on a network server (let's call it the V:drive) . I need to have all users point to this location and not use the default 'afx' folder in the C drive path. 

I am attempting to set-up my own PC to point to the V drive but when I go to test the IFX interface, the GUI is blank. I attached (3) pictures; 1 of the blank GUI, another of the ifx_options file, and the last was the content of the ifx_catalog folder.

I could really use your expert advise on the correct folder structure and mapping when you do not want to use the default files within the install path. What files do I need to modify (and where).  In a few months, I need to move all of this to a new server, so I really want to have a better understanding of how it all works.

Many, many thanks for all of your continued help and support!

Hi Kboyle,

your IFX option PATH_ABS_LIBRARY point to the wrong position.

You need to point to the parts directory.

Please try this and give me a short feedback.

If this does not work, please send me your complete parts folder. Please ZIP it. 

Thanks.
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hello,

Yes, that was it. So I need to place all of my custom files inside a 'parts' folder and point to it.  I was missing that key point. 

Thank you!

kboyle
7-Bedrock

So pointing to the parts folder got my screw catalogs back. The nut menu is still grey, what file is not pointed correctly? I confirmed the .prt and .dat files are in the _data location. Do I need to check something in the _catalogs folder?

Thank you.

Hi, please send me your parts folder and I will check.

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

File attached. My goal is to get the hexnut and pem nut libraries linked so they are the option in the GUI.

Thank you!

Hi,

you mix up the old and the new library.

In the new library structure you no longer need the MNU files.

All necessary information is listed in the catalog files.

I recommend to study the OLH first.

You find information on how to customize the library

You also find in the appendix information for ALL files of IFX

After reading this you should be able to restructure your library.

You can also have a look to the tutorial pages

Nevertheless I had a look to your library.

Everything seems to be correct for the Infinera-mm Catalog

Be aware that the MM Pem nuts are only available for M3, M4 and M5 thread size!

For the Infinera-inch catalog you should add your INCH Pem nuts, not the MM 🙂

In the #nuts section replace the mm pem nuts by the inch pem nuts - that's all.

Regards,
Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Oli,

Thank you very much for reviewing the library! I appreciate the feedback. 

I will review the links and hopefully get my mess cleaned up.

Top Tags