cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Custom hole files and tolerances

AJ_TROGLIO
12-Amethyst

Custom hole files and tolerances

Long ago when I created UDFs for various holes, I could put the corresponding tolerance with the hole.  When I showed my dimensions in the drawing, tolerances came over.  

I'm creating some new .hol files now but can't seem to figure out where to include any hole tolerance.  

Ex:  If I pick a .250 dia hole from the dropdown, what I'd like to see in the model is .250 +.005 / -.001.

Obviously I can add a tolerance later, but having it stored would help standardize things for our users

Creo 8.0.0.0

Thanks..

--
Tony Troglio, Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 8 / Windchill 12
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

The .hol files define basic parameters like diameter and thread depth, but unfortunately, they don’t directly support adding tolerances. So you’d still need to apply it manually in the model. 

However you can use modelcheck to help manage this. It can be set up to flag holes that don’t meet your specific tolerance requirements, which can remind users to adjust the tolerances and ensure everything stays consistent with your standards.

Also once the hole is placed you can toggle on various options like notes, countersinks, and more. Hope this helps. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael
13-Aquamarine
(To:AJ_TROGLIO)

The .hol files define basic parameters like diameter and thread depth, but unfortunately, they don’t directly support adding tolerances. So you’d still need to apply it manually in the model. 

However you can use modelcheck to help manage this. It can be set up to flag holes that don’t meet your specific tolerance requirements, which can remind users to adjust the tolerances and ensure everything stays consistent with your standards.

Also once the hole is placed you can toggle on various options like notes, countersinks, and more. Hope this helps. 

Michael P Bourque
Boston Regional User Group
AJ_TROGLIO
12-Amethyst
(To:Michael)

Thanks Michael.  I suspected this was the case. Modelcheck is something we've not looked into yet. 

--
Tony Troglio, Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Hunter Engineering Company
Creo 8 / Windchill 12
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags