cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Custom threaded hole with Hole Table PTC CREO 6 Student Edition

JL_9725389
2-Guest

Custom threaded hole with Hole Table PTC CREO 6 Student Edition

Hi,

I installed the student edition of CREO 6. I wanted to add a RMS Threaded Hole in a part. There is only three choices : ISO, UNC and UNF. So I searched through Google. It landed me on a page and on a YouTube video explaining how to create a text file with a ".hol" filetype. It is a plain text file which describe all the parameters of the custom hole. This file is to be placed at the following file structure : C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 6.0.2.0\Common Files\text\hole. 

Then, it is necessary to add the file in the "path" as follow : File > Options > Configuration Editor > Find...

I did all of that, it doesn't work! I don't see the new thread in the list for the hole feature.

Is that because it is a student edition?

Is that because I do something wrong?

I attached the ".hol" file to this posting.

Thanks,

Joel 

1 REPLY 1

@JL_9725389 wrote:

Hi,

I installed the student edition of CREO 6. I wanted to add a RMS Threaded Hole in a part. There is only three choices : ISO, UNC and UNF. So I searched through Google. It landed me on a page and on a YouTube video explaining how to create a text file with a ".hol" filetype. It is a plain text file which describe all the parameters of the custom hole. This file is to be placed at the following file structure : C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 6.0.2.0\Common Files\text\hole. 

Then, it is necessary to add the file in the "path" as follow : File > Options > Configuration Editor > Find...

I did all of that, it doesn't work! I don't see the new thread in the list for the hole feature.

Is that because it is a student edition?

Is that because I do something wrong?

I attached the ".hol" file to this posting.

Thanks,

Joel 

Hi,

• I saved your file into E:\PTC\Creo6_040\Creo 6.0.4.0\Common Files\text\hole directory
  • I renamed your file from RMS.hol.txt to RMS.hol (set displaying know extensions in File Explorer)
  • I launched Creo 6.0.4.0 and created RMS standard hole successfully

Martin Hanák
Top Tags