cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Datum in dim - Bold text

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Datum in dim - Bold text

I'm noticing when I create a set datum axis and attach it to a dimension, the text of the datum shows up bold. To fix this I have to erase the drawing from memory and bring it back up.

Anyone else see this behavior?

Creo 2-m050

[cid:image001.png@01CE56F3.7A3469A0]

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I just got a notice from PTC that this issue will be fixed in m070.

Let me just point out that I opened this call with PTC on May 22nd, and I got notice today that it will be fixed in a release targeted for August 7th. I'd say that's pretty quick resolution!
I was unable to recreate this problem on demand, it was a random occurrence. I just let PTC know it was on datums of size attached to an axis.

So in case you ever wondered if it was worth the effort to open a call with PTC, the answer is YES!
In the past few months I've received notice of at least three different resolutions to calls I've submitted.

So let me encourage all of you to stop living with problems in the software and submit them as bugs.

On this issue when I asked one of my users, he said, "oh.. that happens a lot, all you do is save the drawing, erase from session and retrieve it again."
Others on the mail exploder said they had seen the issue also, and knew the work around. Yet, it seems no one had turned the issue into PTC.

We all pay lots of money each year for maintenance. I suggest you make PTC earn that money. It ends up being good for both you and PTC.
SPR Details - 2183196
SPR

Status

Closed

Severity

High

Created Date

10-Jun-2013

Description

Newly created set datum tag when attached to dimensions becomes bold in drawing

Affected Products
Product

Creo Parametric Direct and Layout

Module

2D-3D DETAILING

Reported Release

Creo 2.0

Reported Datecode

M050

Affected Platform

All

Resolved Release

Creo 2.0

Creo 3.0

Resolved Datecode

M070

N/A

Related Documents
Type

Number

Status

Description

Case

11375098<">https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/case.jsp?n=11375098>

Closed

Customer reports set datum tag tag randomly appears bold and plots bold as well. Saving the drawing, closing, erasing session, and retrieving it again resolves the issue.

Article

CS130561<">https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS130561>

Newly created set datum tag becomes bold when attached to drawing dimension in Creo Parametric 2.0

David Haigh
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags