cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Default Datum plane scale without resize

Fianna
11-Garnet

Default Datum plane scale without resize

Hi all, 

As usual, I find the 501.772mm default plane size too large. We had the planes resized down to 100 x 100 in our start part, but with the resize option checked the planes don't scale anymore. 

Is there any way to change the default from 501 down to 100 but leave the resize box un-checked such that the planes scale to fit the part? 

Unchecking the resize box leaves the size at 100 x 100 until I click OK, then it scales back up to 500mm odd. 

Extruding a cube in the start part which every user would have to delete isn't exactly an elegant solution so I'm not keen on that approach. 

3 REPLIES 3
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Fianna)

Don't think there's a way to do this other than adding geometry to the part. You could add a sketch of a 100x100 rectangle and hide it. That's the best I can come up with. Should be possible to set a "default size" of the model when there's no geometry, but I don't know of any such setting.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

This is part of this Product Idea https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Datum-Plane-Outline-Adjustment/idi-p/458550

It's almost 7 years old but you can vote on it and maybe within the next 7 years it will happen.

Fianna
11-Garnet

Thanks for the replies guys, shame this can't be edited. 

I've upvoted the idea so hopefully I'll see it implemented before I retire in 40 odd years...

Top Tags