cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Default Decimal Places Shown in Drawing

KG_7681027
4-Participant

Default Decimal Places Shown in Drawing

Hello all, 

I'm looking for a way to set a default option for number of decimals shown in a drawing dimension. The obvious answer here is to change the config option default_dec_places, which will achieve my goal. But the problem is, that also changes the dimension decimal places in a .prt sketch as well. I would like to have these two dimensions decimal places default to different numbers. See below.  

SKETCHER - .XXXX

DRAWING - .XX

Is this possible? 

Thanks,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KG_7681027)

I don't think there is a good solution for this. The config.pro option for default_dec_places is an overall setting.

The option round_displayed_dim_values if set to yes will affect the digit shown  but is also an overall setting.

If you are creating dimensions in the drawing instead of showing them, then before creating any dimensions, you can set your decimal places under the annotate tab, format drop down, decimal places. Set the number of decimal places. You don't have to pick dimensions, its a setting for all dimensions created afterwards.

If you are showing dimensions, it's a little for tricky. If you have the rounding option set to yes (or not set, by default it is yes), then you can use the same Annotate-Format drop down-decimal places- set to the preferred # and then use the drawing filter to window select all dimensions to change.  Of course if you want to keep any dimensions decimal places, you have to watch that. If rounding isn't turned on, it will change your model dimensions.

Top Tags