cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Default part tolerance

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Default part tolerance

It seems some one has changed the default tolerance on a single part so that the 3 place tolerance is +/-.001, where it should be +/-.005.  For the life of me, I can't remember how to change it back.  I used to be able to directly click on it in WF3, but haven't had to contend with this problem since moving to Creo 3. Normally I won't care so much, but these values are reflected in the drawing tolerance block, and the design intent doesn't require that tight of a tolerance globally.  What's odd, is that it was only changed on this specific part. 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Figured it out.  If tol display is turned on, you can open the corresponding value in the drawing and change it.  I knew there was a simple fix.  I was trying to solve it from the part side, hence my frustration. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Figured it out.  If tol display is turned on, you can open the corresponding value in the drawing and change it.  I knew there was a simple fix.  I was trying to solve it from the part side, hence my frustration. 

Mike,

Thanks for marking your answer correct as it helps everyone with the same question.

Best,

Toby

Was the original part made by you? If not, then the person who made it might not have a config.pro that sets the tolerances to specific values. I think the default has been 0.001 inch forever.

No, the original part was made by some one else, but it's part of a larger database which all has X.XXX = +/- .005.  As far as I remember, this has always been the default. 

Top Tags