cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Designated Area on a thin part

apapadopoulos-2
5-Regular Member

Designated Area on a thin part

Hello,

When using Designated Area feature on the surface of a thin part the designated area is visible from the other site of the part. As if it is transparent part. I think this happen when the part is thin. Does anyone knows if this behave can be controlled with some accuracy setting?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I tested this out and did see the Designated Area show through the other side of the model, when it had a small depth value.  When I increased it, the Designated Area could not be seen.

I changed the value back to the original value, where the area showed on both sides, and then increased the accuracy.  The Deisgnated Area, could not be seen on the other side of the model.

Please give this a try.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

I tested this out and did see the Designated Area show through the other side of the model, when it had a small depth value.  When I increased it, the Designated Area could not be seen.

I changed the value back to the original value, where the area showed on both sides, and then increased the accuracy.  The Deisgnated Area, could not be seen on the other side of the model.

Please give this a try.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags