cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Detail option view_note should match detail_circle_note_text

dduncan-3
4-Participant

Detail option view_note should match detail_circle_note_text

The .dtl option detail_circle_note_text when set to "DEFAULT" results in "SEE DETAIL" it can be set to another value such as "SEE VIEW" resulting in, you guessed it, SEE VIEW X attached to the leader.  The problem is that the nomenclature attaced to the view itself will be DETAIL.  The image below, courtesy of Steve C. Williams from PTC/User.org, illustrates the desired outcome.

The .dtl option view_note does not allow any customization.  The only options available are std_ansi, std_iso, std_jis, std_din, std_gb & std_eskd.  None of which will give the results shown below.  To override the default you have to select the text, edit the properties and change the word "DETAIL" to "VIEW". My logic dictates that the settings should follow each other to be consistent, or the checker is going to let me know about it and besides I've got other things to do than change this every time I create a detailed view.

image002.png

Don Duncan

Design Engineer
Applied Engineering Services, Inc.
385 W Broadway
Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 529-0352

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dduncan-3)

Don, Don't forget to vote on your idea!!!

I liked the image so much i voted just because it was in there.

and this one to automatically vote on your own request

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2713

Is there a typo in the first sentence?:

"The .dtl option detail_circle_note_text when set to "DEFAULT" results in "SEE DETAIL" it can be set to another value such as "SEE VIEW" resulting in, you guessed it, SEE DETAIL X attached to the leader.  "

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

And this hasn't been reported and turned into an SPR?

And while we are at it, why are there 2 spaces between the statement and the value? 

There is simply NO convention that calls for that.

dduncan-3
4-Participant
(To:dduncan-3)

Doug,

You're right it should have read "...you guessed it, SEE VIEW X attached to the leader..."

I thought so, otherwise it really didn't make sense. 😄

You should eb able to editit.  Look for the "Edit Product Idea" link in the Actions menu on the upper right.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags