cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Determining the right Mechanism in creo

CC_9824097
4-Participant

Determining the right Mechanism in creo

Hello,

I have 2 parts as shown below, ive made the parts so that the top sits flush with the bottom part. I want to be able to pivot the top part slightly so Its angle changes only by a couple of degrees either side. I've tried to use the cylinder mechanism however because my shape is more of an oval than a sphere, a collision occurs when i pivot the top part.

Are there any other mechanisms that might work for this situation in order to pivot the top part without collisions? 

Thank you in advance!    

10.png

2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried using a pin constraint? That seems like it might be what you're after. You can limit the rotation to avoid collision.

If both of them are oval, and both are a different oval (the upper one having smaller major axis) so one can move on the other (Am I right so far?), you'll have to use application->mechanism->CAM connection. Then either you enable collision detection on your assembly (which may or may not work depending on your luck mostly), or you set and angle offset constraint.

Top Tags