cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Diameter dimension as default for circles.

creuz
11-Garnet

Diameter dimension as default for circles.

Hi

I have weak dimensions turned off.

I find it annoying in sketching, when you attached a dimension to a circle, it defaults to radius.

It would be more intuitive to have it default to radius dimension for arcs only.

Anyone agree?

Any way to set this functionality?

Cheers!

Rick in Mississauga,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:creuz)

Hi. Click once on the circle to create a radius dimension. Double click to create a diameter dimension. Does that help, or did I misunderstand your issue?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Hi. Click once on the circle to create a radius dimension. Double click to create a diameter dimension. Does that help, or did I misunderstand your issue?

Bingo Pettersson! That's the secret trick I wanted.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Turn on weak dimensions.

When I create a circle in sketch, it comes in with the diameter.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Oh, turning off weak dimensions is bad. The underlying dimension is still there, just hidden.

It's your hint there is something missing or not constrained correctly. Usually not a problem with simple stuff but anything with complication, not seeing the weak dimensions may be the difference between a usuable part and scrap.

creuz
11-Garnet

How about when in a revolve sketch? How to get Diameter by default?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

To get a diameter dimension instead of a radius takes a few extra clicks.

Click on your sketch line, click on the revolve centerline, click on your sketch line, then right click to place the dimension as a diameter.

Is that what you wanted or did I not understand your issue?

creuz
11-Garnet
(To:BenLoosli)

Sequence, the secret sequence. Thanks!

Nice Bug Ben.

Cheers

PTerribleCAD
12-Amethyst

Lazy Creo programmers doing their best to waste our time.

LOL  You still here wasting O2?

Creo programmers are outside spittin on bugs Steve.

Why anyone would chose to programe a circle to be two half of a circle is kind of stupid - It is annoying to sketch and annoying in drawings.

I have worked with different CAD programs and Creo has the worst user experience by far. Really dont understand why all those extra clicks, missing features and strange procedures has not been changed long time ago 

Top Tags