cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Different general view in drawing

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Different general view in drawing

Hello

I am aware that one can insert different views into drawing with view type as general and model view name as some specific value (Like Front, top etc.). With this all views will be having different display i.e. component display.

I have tried to insert view as general view without providing model view name. With this, I suppose creo places default view present into solid assembly.

Concern is that I have a drawing file and in that file, there are multiple drawing views having type as General. These are not having same component display. How come this is possible is wondering me.

Any thought will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right click on a view and choose Properties.

The Drawing View dialog box will open, and View Type should be selected under Categories.

Select the radio button for either Geometry references or Angles. This will allow you to specify the orientation other than a pre-defined view.

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A General View is one that does not have another view as its parent, such as a Projection View, Auxiliary View, and Detail View. Since it does not have a parent view, the user defines its orientation. By default it does use the Default Orientation, but you can change it to a pre-defined view as you mentioned. Also when you are creating the view, you can specify the orientation. You specify a side of the computer screen - front, back, top, right, bottom, or left - and some surface or edge to face that direction. In addition, you can specify rotation angles about X, Y, and Z from the current orientation.

In other words, you can define a General View to be oriented in any way that you want.

Thank you for response... Absolutely correct.... We can define orientation for general view by providing model view name....Those model view names are already saved in model as orientation.... I am not aware how one can change orientation of General view into drawing without referring model orientation (model view name)

Right click on a view and choose Properties.

The Drawing View dialog box will open, and View Type should be selected under Categories.

Select the radio button for either Geometry references or Angles. This will allow you to specify the orientation other than a pre-defined view.

Special drawing views such as a true ISO, I create on the fly in the model.  I save these for quick access on the drawing.  Remember that views retain their geometric reference!  You have to know how to disassociate them or they may be lost in revision.

I too use geometry (primary datum planes) to define my primary orthographic view. 

Top Tags