cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dimension Boundaries

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Dimension Boundaries

Does anyone use Dimension Boundaries?  In Creo 2 its under Analysis - Tolerance Analysis (drop down arrow) - Dimension Boundaries

We sometimes use non-symmetric tolerances and our manufacturing has been asking for models that are "in the middle" of the tolerance zone. I know dimension boundaries can give me the "middle" number but I don't believe that was the intended functionality. If I'm not mistaken, it was for tolerance analysis and max/min dimensional studies.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Haven't used them in a long time, but those were the 3 choices back to maybe Rev 18. Upper, Lower, Middle in addition to Nominal.

Generally I don't recall it as being worth much. If I have 10 parts in a stack I'd rather just use a spreadsheet and get the Max, Min, Average, and the RSS/1sigma values straightaway. It's not like all those results are available in a report from the Dim Bounds function.

Only place it seems to me it would be helpful is for sending a model to get manufactured if the process is one that isn't good for hitting the nominal value and the model will be used to generate process controls.

I too am curious if anyone uses this tool?  It seems like a tool that is half baked and they never came back to finish it in order to make it useful...which it looks like it would be if it was polished up and made it easier to do stack up calculations on assemblies.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags