cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Dimension Tolerance in Family Table

amitshah
1-Newbie

Dimension Tolerance in Family Table

Hi,

How can I add, given dimension tolerance in the family table for respective dimensions.

Regards

Amit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:amitshah)

Just pick on it like any other dimension.

10.PNG

11.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:amitshah)

Just pick on it like any other dimension.

10.PNG

11.PNG

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomU)

You can also put GTOL tolerance in there if I remember correctly. I seem to remember doing this in a family table of long, thin, parts, where there was a different straightness requirement for the different lengths.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomU)

TomUminn

Does this allow the tolerances to be changed in the family table?

Or is this not an option as I understand from this product suggestion:

allow to change tolerance tables in family tables

Thanks, Dale

The model:

The drawing:

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I just realized this is a driving vs driven dimension thing.

Is there a way to put a driven tolerance dimension into a family table?  (ad13 vs tm4)

Thanks, Dale

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Family tables can control driving dimension tolerances.  They can not control driven dimension tolerances.  The dimensions inside an annotation feature cannot be added to the family table.

can u help me with my problem.....is it possible to put the dimension and tolerance in same column of family table.....as my products dimension and respective tolerance is vary with materials.....when i choose material lets say A instead of material B.....same dimension are need to be changed because of different properties of material....i create family table as per material.....but when i extract family table on drawing i need to show tolerance in separate column which does not make any sense....i want my dimension along with tolerance in same column of family table......plz help me with this problem

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:dhumalsagar84)

The dimension and the tolerance are two separate values which is way they have to be managed in separate family table columns.  The only thing I can think of is possibly using repeat region relations to construct a string value that looks like a dimension with it's tolerances from these separate columns.

Hi Tom,

Thanks a lot, it working for me !!

Amit

Top Tags