cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Dimension names <--> parameters

Jeroen
1-Newbie

Dimension names <--> parameters

Are dimension names comparable with parameters?

I can use them the same way in the relations, but I cannot see them in the parameter list.

Is it possible to add these dimension names in the parameter list?

Or to search for them?

I'm using Creo 2.0

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jeroen)

Hi Jeroen

At this time it is not possible see parameter list from features (Extrude, Revolve, etc.)

You can create measure feature and then system create list of this parameters for you:

parameter.JPG

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

That's a shame...

This makes working much more complicate.

You see a parameter --> you can't find it in the parameter list --> start searching features for the dimension name (which looks like, reacts like and is usable as a parameter, but isn't one ).

It's the same story for feature relations.

You cannot see them, unless you look through all feature to find out where a relation is hidden.

This should also be visible in the model tree. (extra column 'has relations' or 'has parameters' would be enough)

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Jeroen)

... while I use "the dimension name" (parameters from features) I create for me standard parameters list - or I create a relations:

new parameter name=parameter from feature

WIDTH=d3

NUMBER_OF_TEETH=d28

etc.

Vladimir

Note: you can create new Idea for this >> New Idea

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Top Tags