cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Dims getting erased from a dwg

Amcare
4-Participant

Dims getting erased from a dwg

When I create a copy of a dwg and save it as a new one, and I delete dims in that new dwg and then I go back int the original dwg, those same dimensions are deleted as well. I can't seem to understand why?

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Amcare)

I cannot tell you the technical reason this happens, but I can say that you can hide the dimensions on the copy and they will not be deleted from the original.

Amcare
4-Participant
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Well I'm using Creo 3.0, but I tried the save a copy process in 2.0 and it created a complete and independent dwg that I could update and remove notes/dims without effecting the previous dwg. And thanks for your reply.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:Amcare)

You can set config option create_drawing_dims_only to yes and create the dimensions in drawing. When this option is set to no, created dimensions will store in 3D model and deleting those from one drawing will remove that from another drawing. Setting the suggested option to yes, will save the created dimension in drawing. 

Amcare
4-Participant
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thanks for the reply, I will try this step.

Top Tags