cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Direction of fastener shear force

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Direction of fastener shear force

Hi,

Is there any way to tell the direction of the shear forces acting on a fastener?

We have magnitude but no components.

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
346gnu
12-Amethyst
(To:346gnu)

Hi Steven,

I am referring to the advanced fastener

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Steven,

very helpfull, am about to give a try

346gnu
12-Amethyst

Steven,

Did you manage to experiment?

My findings in CREO3.0 ...

MECH_BOLT_COMP_OUTPUT = TRUE

added WCS and local fastener csys shear forces to the .PAS file

As with beams, it is clear the x-axis is along the fastener and is the fastener axial shear force with a positive local csys vector from bottom to top of fastener. (This shear force = fastener axial force)

Despite being given y&z (transverse) shear components, a fastener placed in the model at an arbitrary direction relative to the WCS is still making me think which way y&z point and is making me think. I have to get my logic right..

Otherwise, everything seems to add up.

MECH_PRINT_INTERFACE_MEAS = YES

Gives the same additional .PAS file output as above.

Though we also get the following in the .RPT

FastenerX_intf_bend_momt

FastenerX_intf_norm_force

FastenerX_intf_shr_force

FastenerX_intf_tors_momt

So,

FastenerX_intf_shr_force + FastenerX_shear_force = total shear force

bfn

Top Tags