cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Display of start/end edge of cosmetic thread in x-section view in drawing

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Display of start/end edge of cosmetic thread in x-section view in drawing

Hello,

can anybody explain current Creo functionality ? My files created in CR3 M150 are attached.

test1.png

If thread_standard  STD_ISO_IMP_ASSY detail option is set then start/end edge of cosmetic thread is displayed. Does anybody know, why ?

test2.png

It is interesting that if thread_standard  STD_JIS detail option is set then start/end edge of cosmetic thread is NOT displayed.

I appreciate any piece of information...

Martin Hanák
2 REPLIES 2

I appreciate you pointing this out, Martin.

Never realized there was an option.

Often I erase all cosmetics just to avoid this messy detail.

I'll confer Creo 2 to see if this is a similar functionality.

Yep, Creo 2 does this. 

I left it at the default ANSI version and the line ends of the cosmetic threads show.

Then changed the setting to JIS.

Subsequent sections take on the new value or on regeneration.

However, and this happens too often in Creo; regeneration will change all the cosmetic threads to whatever standard is defined.  But when you try to force a regeneration, the comment line says nothing has changed.

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO THAT!  All too often I find I need a regeneration for models or drawings and Creo simply wants to argue about it.  I'm sorry, but things HAVE changed when I changed the detail setting!

Top Tags