cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Distance from plane to solid body

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Distance from plane to solid body

Hello,

I want to make a measurement from a plane to the solid body, this measurement should be the minimum distance, from plane to solid body. how to do it?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CAD_user)

I usually pre-select the part (or assembly) first and then go to the measure distance dialog and ctrl+select the plane.
CoreySusie
4-Participant
(To:CAD_user)

My build of Creo 3.0 M070 does not allow for the selection of the part to be in a distance measurement.  A workaround is to do a solid surface copy of the geometry and then measure between the desired datum plane and the solid surface copy quilt.  This will give you the minimum distance between the plane and the solid body.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CoreySusie)

I just moved to Creo 4 today but I have been able to use Analysis,measure distance to a part or assembly on all versions of Creo. Don't exactly remember if I could on Wildfire or before.

I usually pre-select the part (or assembly) then go to the measure tool but even if I don't, I can query select to the part or assembly. Or I can use the smart filter to get the part. 

measure-part.jpg

CoreySusie
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

That process works within an assembly, but not within a part model.  It is unclear from the original post if it refers to a part or assembly measurement.

Top Tags