cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Document number

JMFx
4-Participant

Document number

I have about ten years of experience from Solidworks. I started to used Creo Parametric about two weeks ago. Our company will buy own licence next January. I have the question for Creo and how I'm used to doing things in Solidworks. 

I think we dont need Wildchill because all Creo files is for customers. Our customers moves the files to own Wildchill. I think we start to use files from the hard disk or cloudy space (Sharepoint or Google Drive).

Is there a possibilty to create document numbers without checking next number from Excel? We have the add on for Solidworks which gives a next document number by automatic without checking from Excel.

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JMFx)

Without Windchill, creating a new part will auto-generate a new number but it will be prt0001.prt, or something like that. If the system finds a number it generated in your current working directory, the number will increment.

Top Tags