cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Does Pro/E support welding

RickGiguere
1-Newbie

Does Pro/E support welding

Lets say you want to weld two pieces of a part together, or an assembly of parts.

I don't see a weld feature anywhere, how do you weld things together.

thanx

Rick

6 REPLIES 6

Never mind I found a link, looks like it's a separate module, and shows up when there is an assembly open.

I guess you can't weld in part mode.

I see this is an old entry, but just for the record, in Wildfire 5 you can create weld features in PART mode. I attached a screen snapshot of a simple example of a v-groove weld on a tube. That was a new function that was added in WF5.

Hi Rick,

This datasheet gives you an overview of the functionality included in each Pro/ENGINEER package: http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/46130/en/5437_ProE_Bro_EN.pdf

Weld modeling and documentation is included in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 Foundation XE.

Hope this helps!

Bettina

linda
5-Regular Member
(To:BettinaGiemsa)

open the assembly with the components to welded together, application/welding

I have several engineers that like to design welded components as a single unit and would like to put welds in, but as you stated it does not work. That is a fun idea, but in the end I think it makes a better design to have each part created individually like you would create the actual part.

you can weld a part (as seams on a sheetmetal part).  It simply needs to be added to an assembly

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

Top Tags