cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Double Lined Cross Hatching in drw.

jlambert-3
1-Newbie

Double Lined Cross Hatching in drw.

Pro-e Wildfire 4.

im getting a double lined cross hatching in my drawings. (see attached pics)

i dont know why that is.

id like to stay consitent with just the single line hatch.

when you go to edit the cross hatching (pic 3) it selects the hatch but it keeps displaying that doubled line right next to it

the only thing different that happened was i replaced a part out of the assembly.

any help is appreciated.

Jeremiah

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Does the new component have steel assigned as a material? We also get this behaviour, and I think there's a standard somewhere that calls for steel components to be double-hatched in this style.

The quick fix is to choose 'Delete Line' in your third screenshot - you'll see that in the menu, you can select Next and Previous cross-section, but also Next Line and Previous Line within the selected cross-section. I don't think it matters which line you delete.

I'm not sure how to prevent it happening in the long run - if you create the cross-section before assigning material then you get a single line, but obviously this is not always possible.

Thanks Jonathan. that quick fix does work... the part is sheetmetal steel and has a corresponding material set to it. that may be what causes the double line... but i dont know for certain cause all these parts have steel set to them and they didnt double line.

Hi,

the double line cross hatch does indeed indicate steel. Have you tired just editing the properties of the cross hatch? Select the hatch, click 'next' if necessary, to get to the desired hatch, click 'retrieve', select 'iron' from the available cross hatching types, this gives a single line. You can then go on to edit angle & spacing if required. What i do not know for sure, is whether this will remain permanent, as you have steel assigned to the component, but i thought it was worth a try.

John

thanks john. i will give this a go as well. its a close solution to what was already said... but a slight different approach. i will see which i like better. appreciate it guys.

I have had odd situations where there were actually 2 pieces of material overlaying each other. This create the normal cross hatch for each but were slightly offset for some reason. The fact that only 1 highlights in your examples reminds me of this. I could never figure out how 2 parts were occupying the same space.

Top Tags