cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawing/Designing Gears

RENEVDMERWE
1-Newbie

Drawing/Designing Gears

HI All I work on WF3 and want to know,if you get an add-on or extra program that you can use with WF to draw/design gears,something similiar to Autocad Mechanical and Inventor Could anyone point me in the right direction Thanx Rene
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Rene, There is no specific gear design module. However, this subject can be explored in several places. (1)Search the Pro/E Knowledge Base by clicking the SUPPORT tab in the PTC Home Page and entering "Gear". (2)Search this forum in a similar way; the subject has been raised numerous times. (3)Look at the detailed Pro/E design of gears that are available as 3D CAD Model downloads from various vendors. (4)Search other general CAD forums. Various general methods can be used to generate gear tooth geometry. The method shown in the Knowledge Base involves a Variable Section Sweep Surface where an involute is iteratively calculated using the parameter trajpar. You can also create a Curve By Equation using the parameter t, and copy it in a Sketch for a Protrusion, Cut or Surface. You will find more detail exploring some of the above resources. David

or you can use the Design-Tools: http://www.inneo.com/ptc/pro-engineer/startup-tools/demos/designtools/designtools.html should be available form Tristar in the US.

Design tools.. They are very good add-ons to Pro/e.Easy to use may be the Design tools support team can work with the clients to further customise I guess..
Top Tags