cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Drawing - Parent and projection view

NareshR
5-Regular Member

Drawing - Parent and projection view

Hi all,

I am new to creo I have a query on the drawing of view. I have projected a view from a parent view and have created a lot of dimensions. Now I just want to delete the parent view or make the projected view as a parent. Is there a way to do this? This is because if I delete the parent view then the projected view also gets deleted along with it.

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:NareshR)

@NareshR 

Select the projected view, right mouse click and edit the properties of the view, in the view type category, change Projection to General.

That "disconnects" the view from it's parent.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BR84
12-Amethyst

1. In creo, in general, in 99.999% of cases, you DON NOT create dimensions on the drawing - you show dimensions from the model  (annotate tab, show annotations)
    1. dimensions are taken from sketches, and other features - extrudes, revolves, etc.
  2. the model drives drawing - this is one way
  3. a view you have described is good to create in the model through, view manager -> orient
    1. you align it by planes, surfaces, etc.,
    2. and then create dimensions if those are needed - and what is stated in pint 1a is not enough
  4. in your case - if you can allow yourself to be lazy, just move the parent/general view from the format area, and next time do it correctly

NareshR
5-Regular Member
(To:BR84)

Thank you so much for reply.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

@NareshR 

Select the projected view, right mouse click and edit the properties of the view, in the view type category, change Projection to General.

That "disconnects" the view from it's parent.

NareshR
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Thank you so much it worked.

Top Tags