cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing Table issue

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

Drawing Table issue

I have an isue with a table in CREO 3.0.

I have created a table for our notes and located it correctly in a Drawing Template that I have created.

The table has been created with the Automatic Height Adjustmnent selected.  I have created it this way so a user can add notes as needed and the row height will autoamatically be adjusted.

After a note has been added with mutiple lines in the row and the drawing has been saved, everthing looks good.

However, whenever we open the drawing the table row heights have been expanded.

Has anyone seen this?

Any solutions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I do not know the environment you are in.

PTC has a "maintenance" option to allow users or administrators to report bug, request solutions, and access to the latest revision of the software you are using.

If you or your company is in the 1st year of a license, you also have maintenance that will allow the "owner" of the license to submit support cases.  Follow up mainenance is a yearly (typically) cost that continues support and software updates.

There is also a subscription program in which, if I am not mistaken, would give you support access also.

Some companies force their support requests through an IT department.  To me this is counter-productive but there are various reasons for doing this.

If this license is yours to manage, and the above conditions apply, you have access to support technicians through the PTC support page.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Coinsidering you can easily recreate your issue, it really should be reported as a support case.

There are limitations to tables in format files.  Templates files should be straight forward.

How do I do that?

I have never reported anything as a support case.

Thanks

I do not know the environment you are in.

PTC has a "maintenance" option to allow users or administrators to report bug, request solutions, and access to the latest revision of the software you are using.

If you or your company is in the 1st year of a license, you also have maintenance that will allow the "owner" of the license to submit support cases.  Follow up mainenance is a yearly (typically) cost that continues support and software updates.

There is also a subscription program in which, if I am not mistaken, would give you support access also.

Some companies force their support requests through an IT department.  To me this is counter-productive but there are various reasons for doing this.

If this license is yours to manage, and the above conditions apply, you have access to support technicians through the PTC support page.

Thanks

llie
16-Pearl
(To:jforsyth)

Can you please explain a little more. Are you saying that one cell has 6 lines and the cell underneth it has 2 lines and the height adjusted accordingly, but once you opened the drawing all the cell heights are the same no matter how many lines they contain?

jforsyth
12-Amethyst
(To:llie)

Yes I can.

I will get somethign to show and post it tomorrow

Thanks

Yes Jforsyth, I have this same problem. It is catching a number of unsuspecting designers off guard when they release a drawing to production and later after releasing, find their tables had resized themselves upon reopening of a saved file and their tables are all expanded, sometimes overlapping other text.

Have you gotten any resolution on this problem? I am running Creo 2.0 M210

Top Tags