cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing Tree Disappearing - CREO 7

IE_10110241
4-Participant

Drawing Tree Disappearing - CREO 7

Hello All,

I have an issue in drawings where occasionally my drawing tree will completely disappear, and is replaced by a detail tree, which is blank, I try to activate and deactivate the window to no avail. The layer tree will now only show in the model tree lower window, where as it usually resides in the upper drawing tree window. If I restart CREO the problem goes away and the drawing tree is restored. 

I am curious if there is a glitch in the software or I'm inadvertently activating some kind of shortcut? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've found this article in KB: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs170610

It suggests that in such situation you should try closing the drawing window and reopening it again from session. If it would work, it still might be a bit better than having to restart whole Creo. There's no information why this happens, though.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

IE_10110241_0-1658916059362.png

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:IE_10110241)

When this happens, what tab is active in the ribbon?  If the Annotate tab is active the Detail Tree will be shown.  I sometimes get onto other tabs in the ribbon when using the scroll wheel on m mouse to reposition the model.  If the mouse is on the ribbon, the scroll wheel will cause the ribbon to cycle through the tabs.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
IE_10110241
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

This was my initial thoughts also, but I scroll through every tab its stuck on detail tree, so something's clearly not right. The only way I have found is to close CREO and reopen then it's back to normal. 

I've found this article in KB: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs170610

It suggests that in such situation you should try closing the drawing window and reopening it again from session. If it would work, it still might be a bit better than having to restart whole Creo. There's no information why this happens, though.

Thanks for the KB suggestion. Admittedly I hadn't tried reopening from session, and indeed this would be a better option. This has happened to me a few times now, I cannot recreate it on command, next time it does happen I'll try reopening from session as suggested. 

It looks like it may just be an annoying glitch then. 

JeffreySabala
5-Regular Member
(To:IE_10110241)

I have been experiencing this as well lately.  Closing the drawing and then re-opening it in the same session restores the drawing tree.  No idea why it occurs.  Thank you for the KB suggestion.

Top Tags