cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Drawing View Component Display

lfeutral
1-Newbie

Drawing View Component Display

I would like to turn off the display of certain components in a drawing view.  However, the visibility ( view, visibility) tab does not have a drop down arrow for selecting components.  Hide, show, and status are greyed out.

5 REPLIES 5

That's because View tab is used to manage layer display status for the whole drawing.

To hide specific components head to the Layout tab, click Component Display from the Edit group and then select Blank in the menu manager and click the component you want to hide.

Daniel
12-Amethyst
(To:lfeutral)

Working with model representations isn't an option?

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Daniel)

Using representations in a drawing can be done by adding the representation as an additional model in the drawing and adding a view with that model active.  This can be problematic if you wish to add BOM balloons to that view because the program treats it as a different model and the BOM is model specific.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Daniel
12-Amethyst
(To:kdirth)

We usually avoid that issue by showing of the whole assembly with all components on the first sheet, and showing details in Simp-Rep on the following ones, but I see the problem that could cause in other companies

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lfeutral)

I think we are confused.

If you want your drawing view to not show components, the easiest way is using component display in the view tab as lukaszmazur says.

If you want the model to not show components, you can used simplified reps and you can use reps in drawing views. You can go to view properties, view states, and then select the simplified rep you want active in that view.

But as kdirth says, if you are using repeat region BOM balloons, this may cause problems.

StephenWilliams_0-1606923412159.png

Top Tags