cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Drawing creating ghost part???

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Drawing creating ghost part???

I know this sounds strange, but I have a user, who's drawing is creating a ghost file in his workspace.

I added the assembly to a test workspace, and locked everything except the top assy. I then opened it up and changed some colors in the assy and saved it. No ghost part in the workspace. I then locked the assy, and added the drawing to my test workspace and open up the drawing. I put a note on the drawing and then saved it. A ghost part named prt0010.prt shows up in the workspace. When you go to the drawing properties and look at the drawing models, there is only one model in the drawing.

If I do the same thing except instead of adding the old drawing to the workspace create a new drawing and save it. No ghost part get's created.

Any ideas how to trouble shoot this? We would like to save the existing drawing.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

David

Notes and other types of stuff in a drawing could be attached to the ghost part. Also make sure that all features in the part model don't reference something outside of part. An example would be a sketch that uses geometry of another part. Going back to the drawing, try removing all notes, balloons, dimensions and save to a new workspace. Check for ghosts. These ghosts can be a pain, but sometimes you can track them down. Another thing in WC 8/9x you can use to remove incomplete objects in the check in command, but that doesn't always work.

Good Luck

Eric Mills

Design and Project manager

http://www.rapidoconsulting.com

eric.mills@rapidoconsulting.com

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:davehaigh)

On 04/14/10 19:24, Haigh, David A. wrote:
>
> I know this sounds strange, but I have a user, who's drawing is
> creating a ghost file in his workspace.
>
> I added the assembly to a test workspace, and locked everything except
> the top assy. I then opened it up and changed some colors in the assy
> and saved it. No ghost part in the workspace. I then locked the assy,
> and added the drawing to my test workspace and open up the drawing. I
> put a note on the drawing and then saved it. A ghost part named
> prt0010.prt shows up in the workspace. When you go to the drawing
> properties and look at the drawing models, there is only one model in
> the drawing.
>
> If I do the same thing except instead of adding the old drawing to the
> workspace create a new drawing and save it. No ghost part get's created.
>
> Any ideas how to trouble shoot this? We would like to save the
> existing drawing.
>
> David Haigh
> Phone: 925-424-3931
> Fax: 925-423-7496
> Lawrence Livermore National Lab
> 7000 East Ave, L-362
> Livermore, CA 94550
>
>

Check out TPI 114763 from PTC titled "Use of config.­pro Parameters
"cleanup_­layout_­dependencies" and "cleanup_­drawing_­dependencies" to
Remove Ghost Objects (­References)­ From Layouts and Drawings in
Pro/­INTRALINK Workspace":

Turn on the cleanup_drawing_dependencies (hidden config option). When you open the drawing you should get a notice of missing drawing references and the options to delete them. After this you should be able to remove the ghost objects.

Jason Britton
Engineering Systems Administrator
[cid:image001.jpg@01CADC7E.8A40C110]
FN Manufacturing, LLC
797 old Clemson Road, P.O. Box 24257
Columbia, South Carolina 29224
Direct Line: (803) 865-3555

You didn't say what version of Pro/ENGINEER your are using and if your are using Pro/Intralink, but check out TAN 137288. We had this issue with older drawings and WF3. The only way to get rid of the ghost object is to make a new blank drawing and import the existing drawing. Then you can save it over theoriginal drawing.

Paul Coyas
Mechanical Design Engineer
Physio-Control, Inc.
(425) 867-4204

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags