cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Drawing dimension display mm AND feet/inches

AndreasHellmann
3-Visitor

Drawing dimension display mm AND feet/inches

Good morning,

I have a customer who needs a dimension scheme shown in attached picture dims1.

Our models are created in mm and metric has to be the primary unit on drawings.

With these dtl options you are able to display feet/inches as secondary unit, but the result is like shown in image dims2.

It's (from our point of view) a complete nonsense to display a metric dimension with a "m" as some sort of "metric fraction".

Settings:

dual_dimensioningset toprimary[secondary]

dual_secondary_unitsset toinch

dual_metric_dim_show_fractionsset to no

use_major_units set to yes

Ifthe dimension then has to be shown as "fractional" (dimension properties dialog) it looks like in dims2.jpg.

My question:

Does anyone know if there is a chance to set the config or dtl options(Creo2) to come closer to dims1.jpg?

My last chance is to develop a Toolkit application that modifies all the dimensions by adding lines of text... but the ft/inch stuff then wouldn't be associative then.

By the way:

How do Americans convert 18.525 millimeters to something like [60' 9-11/32"] ??? Perhaps the my question sounds stupid, but is there a formula for this (resulting in a fractional display 1/32 ???).

Andreas

Andreas Hellmann
MCAD Services Pro/E & Pro/E customization
Am Wartfeld 7
D-61169 Friedberg

phone: +49 151 21259910
mail: -

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags