cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Drawing dimensions snap to hole/fillet vertex instead of center

GV_SVT
9-Granite

Drawing dimensions snap to hole/fillet vertex instead of center

Hi, I am trying to add dimensions that are not available at the 3D model level to use "Show Model Annotation". I am having issues with their placement. For the ordinate dimension in the picture attached, you can see majority of the holes have the dimension properly attached at their centers and are adjustable between max, center, and min. In the two holes outlined in red, their attachment is to the vertex between the two arc surfaces that make up hole features. I can't find a pattern to when it decides to snap to the vertex attachment and it makes it very annoying to work. I have to be very careful to ensure attachment is correct for each since there's no repeatability to the attachment. 

I've found the same issue when dimensioning between fillets. It's arbitrary when it attaches to the fillet center or max versus the vertex of the fillet surface curve. Very annoying to need to repeatedly generate the dimension until I get it to attach properly.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:GV_SVT)

The only other suggestion I have, without more information, is to zoom in on the holes when attaching the dimension to ensure you are selecting in the middle of the curve and not near the end, where Creo may decide to use the end point.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I've had this problem. I don't know a good solution to it. My normal dimensioning is to show the axis first, that way I can choose the axis instead of the hole itself. In your example, this adds an increased level of difficulty since you would have to edit the attachment of the axis get the axis angle correct. Not a convenient solution at all in your situation.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

The only other suggestion I have, without more information, is to zoom in on the holes when attaching the dimension to ensure you are selecting in the middle of the curve and not near the end, where Creo may decide to use the end point.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags