cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Drawing display of a cross-hatched 3D sketch - can't change spacing or angle

akelly
11-Garnet

Drawing display of a cross-hatched 3D sketch - can't change spacing or angle

Using CP4 M040.

In a part, I created a sketch and cross-hatched it.  You can change the cross-hatch scale and angle.

In a drawing, I can't control its hatch spacing or angle.  I can't pick it at all.

Goal: In a section view, I want to turn off the section's cross hatching and substitute my own.  My sketch is intentionally drawn NOT to match the true section through the solid geometry.  To get it to look right, I need to be able to adjust MY sketch's spacing and angle.

See screen shots and attached files.  "Sketch 1" is the cross-hatched sketch.  In the drawing, how do it get to have different line spacing and angle?

akelly_1-1634589728288.png

akelly_2-1634589793774.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:akelly)

The sketch cross-hatch has to be modified in the model.  The width of the cross hatch in a sketch is relative to the size of the sketch.

See: http://support.ptc.com/help/archive/creo40/creo_pma/usascii/part_modeling/sketcher/To_Add_Hatch_Lines.html#

When placing the view on a drawing, what you see in the model is what you get in the drawing.  However, the view of sketch cross-hatch in the drawing does not appear to update when the sketch cross-hatch is modified in the model.  I would consider this a bug in the program.  The only way to update it, as of CP4.0 M130, is to replace the view.

Here is an image of the same view created three times changing the sketch cross-hatch between placing each one:

kdirth_0-1634646356504.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:akelly)

The sketch cross-hatch has to be modified in the model.  The width of the cross hatch in a sketch is relative to the size of the sketch.

See: http://support.ptc.com/help/archive/creo40/creo_pma/usascii/part_modeling/sketcher/To_Add_Hatch_Lines.html#

When placing the view on a drawing, what you see in the model is what you get in the drawing.  However, the view of sketch cross-hatch in the drawing does not appear to update when the sketch cross-hatch is modified in the model.  I would consider this a bug in the program.  The only way to update it, as of CP4.0 M130, is to replace the view.

Here is an image of the same view created three times changing the sketch cross-hatch between placing each one:

kdirth_0-1634646356504.png

There is always more to learn in Creo.
akelly
11-Garnet
(To:kdirth)

For CP4 M040, changing the hatch scale then replacing the drawing view worked.

In the part, I set the scale to "10".  When I added the new drawing view, the hatch spacing looked good enough that I didn't have keep iterating back and forth.

Top Tags