cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Drawing quality in creo view 2.0 not good

Anand
1-Newbie

Drawing quality in creo view 2.0 not good

Dear Experts,

I need your help to fix this burning issue

Most of the drawings look good when we open it from Creo2.0 parametric, even the quality of export to PDF from parametric looks good,

However when I open the same drawing in creo view 2.0 it looks horrible despite the fact that I had set an environment variable PVIEW_PRINT_MINIMUM_LINE_WIDTH with value as 0.2

Can any one help me out on this

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Athmanand

14 REPLIES 14
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Anand)

Hi,

if you have active Global Support (i.e. you pay maintenance) then contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
llie
16-Pearl

Are you using a CAD Worker to do your publishing, Publishing through Creo 2.0 with the Creo View Adapter, or doing a File, Save As, .PVZ from Creo Parametric?

Anand
1-Newbie
(To:llie)

Hi,

We do it using the CAD Worker

Do we have settings on CAD worker ?

Thanks,

Athmanand

gquint
2-Guest

Here is what I found when comparing pdf's from native creo and creo view.     Creo displays Vector, and Creo View ( through our cad worker ) displays Raster.

IMO, this is a backwards step from PTC, since previously Product View was capable of producing Vector displays.  No matter what settings I modify, we'll never be able to produce as accurate file from creo view when compared to Creo.   With a large number of customer manuals, this is not acceptable.  Therefore we spend more time and licenses using Creo.

trouhana
1-Newbie

Yeah 3.0 is good

Unfortunately, we have already upgraded to creo view 3.0 and we have the same status...

Creo displays Vector, and Creo View ( through our cad worker ) displays Raster.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:gquint)

Gerry,

I have two images below comparing View to Parametric(zoomed out and zoomed in) from a drawing in our system.  From my perspective, I would call the quality good but that is just my opinion.  The picture is from CV3 Client and worker at CV3 adapters with Creo Parametric 2. Is the bottom left picture your definition of not good?

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hello Bill;

I really appreciate your feedback.

Though, I'd call those pictures good quality as well, we do have some documentation where Service personnel will zoom real close into the assembly.

For that reason, I cannot get our Technical staff to use Creo View.  They prefer the quality of Creo.

My issue with that is a 'License' needs to be available and will take longer than opening in Creo View.

I've attached side by side PDF's

One from Creo 3.0 - default settings

One from Creo View 3.0 - with the best settings I could get including 2400 dpi setting

I'm not sure what I can do to improve  Creo View considering it seems to be set up as Raster

2.jpg

1.jpg

btw, I believe I sat in on one of your sessions at PTC Live

Nice to connect with you again.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Yes, it will be very difficult to satisfy the wishes of a technical writer in regards to 2D lines on a drawing in Creo View.  Do they know that the customer really wants access to enriched 3D data on a mobile device!  Sorry, I don't have a solution for the line quality output from the WC publisher for viewing in View, but I did find an alternative by using Creo Illustrate to publish it!

Here is the high level process I used:

1) Open Assembly in Creo View from Windchill.

2) In Creo View -> Save Selected as PVZ

The entire cooling module saved to my desktop in less than 3 seconds.

3) Open Illustrate and import in this PVZ file saved out of Creo View.

4) In Creo Illustrate, create a figure with hidden line front view. (See image below)

5) Publish out of Creo Illustrate as a PVZ file (default settings)

6) Open the Output PVZ file in Creo View.

Maybe this can be my next presentation at PTC Live global - "How to further utilize PVZ files in downstream processes!"

The bottom picture shows the zoom into the cooling module...I was actually able to zoom into the fins and see the gaps...I'm sure it is what you are looking for.

Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

Hi Bill;  I was able to duplicate your suggestion, however our hope was to be able to produce just as high quality pdf from creoview as the pdf's produced from within creo.   Illustrate would require us to create new documentation.  We wish to use the  .drw produced documentation from Creo.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Gerry

rfaulk
7-Bedrock

I know this thread is a bit old, but I was experiencing this exact issue with output from Creo Parametric 3.0 vs. Creo View 4.0.  The heart of it appears to be how Creo View interprets the line thickness of the PLT file.  You can see the difference in Creo View by setting "Fixed line width".  This will set Creo View to display all lines to the minimal thickness.  Unfortunately, you lose the thickness you want from lines you want to stand out like format borders, object lines.

When creating PDFs from Creo View the only way that we have found to produce a good quality vector PDF is by using File > Save Current View As > Save As 2D Vector File and then change the "Type" to PDF.  This produces a Vector PDF that looks as good as it does out of Creo.

llie
16-Pearl

All,

We print PDF's to attach to our Formal Documents right before submitting for review. This is the only time a PDF is created and that is done thru a toolkit we built in  Creo. Eventually we are moving it into Windchill and have it do it on a Lifecycle change.

Other than that, we publish viewables upon checking of the Creo file into Windchill so we can you those in Creo View for redlines and design reviews in Conference rooms or at the Checkers desk.

Another good thing with publishing Creo View is the drawing compare functionality that our checkers love. If you haven't seen that, let me know and I can show you. Very simple to do.

rfaulk
7-Bedrock

I found PTC support article CS219661.

Set environment variable PVIEW_PRINTING_REGION_DISABLE = 1

My users were experiencing exactly the symptoms as described in the article.  They noticed the difference in PDF generation from Creo View immediately after implementing the solution.  It is a user environment variable, so it can be added to a startup script, or added manually without the need for admin rights.

Top Tags