cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Drill/Trepan Operation

MelissaG
1-Newbie

Drill/Trepan Operation

Hello All:

First, thank you for your answers last time. I haven't implemented them yet; but I think a combination of what you said will help. Okay, so this time I am trying to do a lathe operation and I can't figure out how to program what I need into Pro/E(-man). I have a finish depth of 2.875/2.855 and I would like to cut at a depth of .100. Problem is that this is basically maching out a cup shape; there is no where to evacuate chips. Coming all the way out after each depth is fine, but I don't want it to feed at a turtle's pace all the way back in (basically cutting air). I envision the tool rapiding from the end turret to near the part, doing a fast feed (slower than rapid, but not as slow as the cut feed rate) to within .020 of cut surface, then make the cut (maybe a few pecks?) then come completely out of the "cup" about .500" so hopefully the chips and coolant will have a chance to come out. Then I want to fast feed to within .020 of last depth and cut again. I want to repeat this process until we go about 1.00" deep, then retract out 3" and program stop so that the operator can go in and clear chips and check things. Then I want to fast feed in again to within .020 of where we were then go at normal feed rate and start cutting again. I want to repeat this process until we reach the required depth. What I don't want to happen is have the tool go in and stay in pecking away, cutting its own chips, and creating a horrible finish soI know I want to pull it all the way out at a specified interval. BUT I also don't want to watch it go 6" at the cut feed rate. Let me know what you think. If you make a suggestion please be detailed; I am also using Wildfire 3 I believe.

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags