cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Dual Dimension Format

otcunanan
8-Gravel

Dual Dimension Format

Please reference attached image.

I want to display the diameter and the depth of a blind hole on the same call out.

I have dual dimensions turned on and position set "to right"

The image on the left shows the desired formatting. However, I can only achieve that if I have the depth called out on a different view.

If I delete the depth dimension on that separate view, I get the formatting shown in the image on the right.

Is there a way to obtain the formatting seen on the left without having to add a callout in a different view.

It seems the position setting is only applying to the topmost dimension of a callout.

Edit: Running Creo3 M110

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:otcunanan)

I was able to recreate your issue in Creo 3 M130. One work around is instead of deleting the dimension out of the other view would be to "erase" the dimension. It's sort of like hiding it, you can see it in the drawing tree in that view as hidden but maintains the formatting as you require.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

I was able to recreate your issue in Creo 3 M130. One work around is instead of deleting the dimension out of the other view would be to "erase" the dimension. It's sort of like hiding it, you can see it in the drawing tree in that view as hidden but maintains the formatting as you require.

This workaround seems to be the best option at the moment. Thanks for your help!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Stephen has a valid option to 'solve' your issue.

It would help others to know what version and build of Creo you are having this issue with.

A lot times these types of issues have been fixed in a newer build, or worked in an older build and what you are using will help others know if it is a bug or an out-dated build issue.

Thanks for the heads up. Added the info.

Top Tags