cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Duplicate of label, how to locate it?

kskatun
6-Contributor

Duplicate of label, how to locate it?

When duplicating a model along with its drawing, I encounter a warning after modifying the part, indicating a duplicate label on the drawing. However, despite searching, I cannot locate the label named "A." Interestingly, the system allows me to add "A," but it appears with a line below it. This suggests that the original "A" may have lost its reference and is not visible on the drawing. Additionally, I cannot find it in the model tree to delete it. How can I resolve this issue or identify the location of the duplicate label?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:kskatun)

Instead of the model tree, you will want to look through the drawing tree (I think that's what they call it), which is in the side bar above your model tree.

Expand the views and look for another entry with the same name as the one you want to keep, then delete the unwanted one.

kskatun
6-Contributor
(To:StephenW)

Thanks, what else is hidden commands? Hopefully they will fix this in creo 11.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kskatun)

There are a LOT of hidden options. They are used occasionally to solve specific issues but they really should never be left in your config/drawing setup as a permanent command. In general, they *MAY* cause other unintended issues.

This problem has been around for years, it is unlikely that it will be fixed in that sense. My guess is, there is some sort of "glitch" that is likely associated to legacy data in the model/drawing and any fix overall fix would likely cause other legacy data errors/failures.

Using these update commands are a way to fix the issue and also limit the potential of creating other issues.

Here is a small list of a few of the update drawing options.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Fast-Facts-Quick-Tips-for-Using-PTC-Creo-Drawings-Part-3/m-p/443939

Top Tags