cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic sectioning

ptc-1335035
1-Newbie

Dynamic sectioning

Hello everybody, I am an old CATIA user and a very new PROE user (WF3.0) I am wondering if someone knows how can you see the sections dynamic (not to define everything there) (in CATIA you could have seen the 2D and 3D - in two windows - and save the section). What I saw you can do now is to define a section and then to redefine it (value change) .... Please let me know if someone knows a trick or something. Again if someone knows how can you save pictures from proe (not the entire screen with save as ...) please let me know. I am appreciating all your future answers and thank you for them. All the best, Cornelia
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
12 REPLIES 12

I am not sure about the first question, however, I do save pics all the time by using "save a copy" on the file menu and setting the type to TIFF (snapshot)(.tif) and select yes to pop current window. This will save what you see as a .tif file. hopefully this helps.

In Catia you have a function that allows you to create dynamic sections, meaning - by selecting the function the screen will be separate in 2 windows, and, by selecting a plane (created before or just a face of a feature) a 3D view (sectioned) and a 2D view will be shown. In the 2D view you are allowed to dimension, to see all the gaps, crashes, flash's ... you are allowed to check your 3D model very easy and very quick. I miss this function .... Something else, can you check the crash conditions into a 3D model? there is a function here? It might be a ... not normal question, but as I said, I am pretty new in PROE. Thank you so much for your answer Jamie. Best regards, Cornelia

I believe what you are looking for as far as interference with parts is found on the analysis menu called modelcheck. I am not familiar with this function but I do remember a lession in which Pro-E would identify problems w/ moving components.

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately I do not have that module. At least now I know something might be available. All the best, Cornelia

Hi Cornelia, I think I've got a solution for you. In your model or assembly, click on View -> Display Settings -> Visibilities A dialog box with "Clip %" and "Depth Cue %" should show up. Grab the bar for Clip % and drag from 0 to 100% and it will show you section views real-time of your part or assembly. It's pretty useful when you're trying to show the insides of a housing etc. The depth cue does the same thing except instead of clipping it uses transparencies to look inside the part. Hope this helps! Jon

Hi Jon, I will try tomorrow and if it is in WF3 available it should work. Many thanks for the tip. I hope soon I will learn dutch and I will be able to attend to one of the training courses that are already payed. I will never understand why the courses are not in a international language ... but this is it. Thank a lot again and all the best.

About transparency I was using the transparent colors to be able to see everything inside. Most important for me is to be able to see the crashes into the model, and of course the constraints if they are well applied. For the moment my job is to find mistakes ;o) not nice for the others, though. Thanks again

Hi Let me suggest a nice trick to create a "semi-dynamic" section. - Create a Plane offset from another one (the dimension of this plane is "dxxx" ) - Create a section using this Plane - Create a relation using the dimension which define the plane IF dxxx > 100 dxxx = 0 ENDIF dxxx = dxxx + 5 - Regenerate In this case, anytime you select Regenerate the plane "moves" by 5mm and the section is updated. When it gets to maximum value 100mm (for examples) it comes back to 0 and then it starts again. Hope clear. Bye

this is a very good idea, but as I said I am very new in PROE ;o) I will try to see where I need to declare this. thanks a lot.

It's not complex. TOOLS / RELATIONS and then you write just I did. Only change the right number of dimension of the plane . It's enough to select the plane! Bye

Thanks a lot. I appreciate all your help. I will do that and I let you know how it turn. Probably good ;o)

"Pier Dil" wrote:

Hi Let me suggest a nice trick to create a "semi-dynamic" section. - Create a Plane offset from another one (the dimension of this plane is "dxxx" ) - Create a section using this Plane - Create a relation using the dimension which define the plane IF dxxx > 100 dxxx = 0 ENDIF dxxx = dxxx + 5 - Regenerate In this case, anytime you select Regenerate the plane "moves" by 5mm and the section is updated. When it gets to maximum value 100mm (for examples) it comes back to 0 and then it starts again. Hope clear. Bye

Announcements