cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Edge Treatment for Flange Loop

GL_9723777
4-Participant

Edge Treatment for Flange Loop

I've created the part below by creating a planar and then adding a flange loop. As you can see in the second image, I've added a corner gap. However, the outer edge, circled red, has overlapping edges. How do I avoid this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:GL_9723777)

I don't know of a way to avoid this interference.  This seems to be a simple limitation that PTC should be able to fix in the program.

The work around is to fix it by select an overlapping edge and use Extend to back the wall off to the inside of the other wall.  The bend relief will follow making a much better intersection.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:GL_9723777)

I don't know of a way to avoid this interference.  This seems to be a simple limitation that PTC should be able to fix in the program.

The work around is to fix it by select an overlapping edge and use Extend to back the wall off to the inside of the other wall.  The bend relief will follow making a much better intersection.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
GL_9723777
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Thanks. I didn't know the best way to fix it either. Extend worked well.

Top Tags