cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Edge bend dimensions on drawing

jnoye
4-Participant

Edge bend dimensions on drawing

I am working in sheetmetal on Creo 4 and I used the Edge Bend tool to create the bend radius I need on my part. Now I am trying to show the dimension of that bend on the drawing and can't figure out how. Is there a trick here that I am missing?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
pausob
18-Opal
(To:jnoye)

When in drawing mode, right-click on the bend feature in the model tree, and select "Show Dimensions by View", or "Show model annotations".

However, I would use the dimension tool in the Drawing mode Annotate tab to "draw" the bend radius and bend angle dimensions.  Insisting on creating drawing of a sheetmetal parts by "showing" the driving model dimensions just doesn't work well in Creo, because the system seem to "freeze" them at their originally created locations.  So if your feature was "moved" from its original location in space (as normally happens because there often are subsequent bend operations), then often its dimensions will be shown "in the middle of nowhere" on the drawing.

Top Tags