cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Editing symbol changes origin.

CS_10428158
8-Gravel

Editing symbol changes origin.

I have a symbol that is used as part of the drawing template and is tied to the origin 0,0 for a template.  When designing or copying another symbol a user can set any text or lines with respect to an origin or 0,0.  If one were to insert the symbol at absolute 0,0  the symbol will be inserted exactly in the correct location.  However, if a user were then to "redefine" the symbol it then opens the editing tool but the symbol is now centered and there is a new origin that is different.  

What gives?

If I were to save this symbol again it would no longer place in the original origin.  It will place according to the new origin.  This makes editing a symbol almost impossible if you plan to set it at the absolute 0,0.

Does anyone understand and know how to help resolve this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1.] What Creo version do you use?

2.] Please record video showing the problem and attach it to your reply.

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:CS_10428158)

I can confirm that it does this in 7.10.  If I modify a symbol by moving it to 0,0, when I edit it again it will be placed back in the middle of the screen at about 278,216.  With this behavior, you would need to move it to the position needed every time you edit it.

I suggest you open a support case and/or start an Idea.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:CS_10428158)

Turn on grid display and 'snap to grid' before editing the symbol.  These settings will carry into the symbol editor, making it much easier to precisely position and edit symbols.

Hi,

what happens if you place the symbol into format file (.frm)?

Martin Hanák
Top Tags